Homework Support

Good afternoon parents,

I have had a few parents approach me with some questions about this week's homework...they were a bit concerned that there seemed to be some concepts in there that their child did not know.

I would like to reassure you that this text will offer content that helps the students to revise previous learning as well as content that has not been taught as yet. Some students are ready to learn this new content or have seen some of it before. This is because the text has been put together for us, rather than us creating our own homework each week.

I had a great chat with the students about this this morning and we discussed how you (as parents), me (as their teacher) and they themselves could help to complete their homework each week. 

I have asked the students to work section by section and then attempt the questions that they feel most comfortable with. If they are finding a concept difficult they are to circle the question and keep moving. Once they have done all that they can, they are to then ask for help - this may be from you as a parent, Professor Google or me the next day. All of these options are fine.

We also discussed setting up a plan for completing a section/s each day depending on what commitments they may be involved in through the week. The aim of this is to help them to develop good homework skills that will see them through the rest of their schooling.

If your child is working hard and is still finding the assigned homework too difficult or too much or is there is WWIII starting in your house each day, please get in touch with me and we can adjust it as needs be. I don't want stress caused to the children or you as parents!

I thank you as always for your incredible support!

Many thanks,

Caitlin 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 10 - The Home Stretch!

Week 9...The Last One!

Week 3 Update