Home Learning - Week 1 Term 2

Good afternoon parents,

Please find below two important documents for our first week of remote learning. Please remember that all learning will be online for the next four weeks and as directed by CEWA, students are to stay home if they are able to.

 Just a quick reminder about our Welcome Back Drive By Tuesday 28th April from 11am...if you have time to pop out and say hi, I would love to see you!

Also, if you need to pick up any books or additional paper etc, class will be open on Tuesday afternoon 2 - 3pm...social distancing is still our friend!

If you are able to stay within listening distance to our morning check ins, I would appreciate that. It will give you a chance to hear any last minute reminders or comments that I may have about the day. I would also suggest if you haven't already, setting up a space at the kitchen table for your child rather than a space away from the main area...I ended up using tape to mark out an area for us all as some in my house spread a little more than they should! Keeping your child close helps to keep them accountable and less inclined to get off task.

Suggested 4DEL Timetable Weeks 1 - 4

This document is a suggested timetable to follow for those students working at home. As mentioned in my post from Friday, please feel free to adjust this to suit your individual situations as needed. 

Students attending school will also be following this timetable. This will allow me to do my check ins and lessons each day with both those at home and school. 

The second page in the above document outlines the regularly scheduled meetings that your child will be expected to attend. These meetings are set in your child's calendar on Teams.

Daily Work Pad - Week 1 Term 2 

This document outlines the learning activities for the week. Each day is on a new page with suggested timings for each lesson.Your child will also have a copy of this in their 'Daily Work Pad - Term 2 folder on OneNote for them to see and follow. I have tried to make this as simple as possible for the students to follow independently...any feedback you might have would be appreciated!

As it is a short week, please note there will be some slight modifications including no assigned spelling list words or reading groups.

Within my daily work pad the students are told where to do their work (write in book or type into a particular page/folder in OneNote), as well as what work samples need a photo taken and uploaded onto OneNote. They are to do this into the appropriate folder on One Note - for example, Maths into their Maths folder etc. 

Just a reminder to make sure that they are uploading it under their name and not the Content Library. 

All work will be distributed via their folders in One Note, please make sure this is synced and they are signed in.

I will be marking at the end of each day, therefore this work needs to be completed in the correct folders for me to see how the children are progressing. This will keep me informed with who is requiring additional help for the concepts we are covering.

Our first check in on Wednesday will go a little longer as I want to run through the set up of the term and my expectations for the next four weeks until we are all reunited.

One of the most important things to take note of from last term is the importance of the children taking the time to read my daily work pad, our timetable and instructions given. I want to see the children taking pride in the work they are producing, consistently uploading their work and gluing any printed sheets into their books.

Each day I will be checking the Teams chat regularly, therefore if the students have any questions after the Team meetings, please encourage them to ask through this chat rather than sending me an email directly.

I am hoping that by doing short teaching sessions throughout the day, the students can be a little more independent in their learning at home. Therefore hopefully you as a parent are only having to support where needed, instead of sitting one-on-one with them.

Please feel free to email me if you have any further queries or concerns throughout the week.

Looking forward to seeing the kids at our first check in on Wednesday!

Caitlin 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 10 - The Home Stretch!

Week 9...The Last One!

Week 8 Update