Week 10 Is Here!

Welcome to the week,

How good was the weather today?!

It was a good drying day as my nan would say...I shamelessly bribed my 15  year old to get all the washing through and hung out whilst I spent the day at Payne Park watching the SWFL. 

It wasn't our day today with the Colts, Reserves and Women's all coming second...despite the losses it was a beautiful day spent watching people pushing their limits, giving their best and helping out the club.

I was also lucky enough to watch some of our boys in action on Saturday morning which is always nice and one of the things that I love about living in a small town!

I can't believe the term has come to an end already...who can believe it is nearly the end of June! 

I know this week coming is a busy one for our small business owners and bookkeepers may your coffee be strong, the WiFi fast and your receipts in order!

A few reminders for the coming week...

Ludlow Forest Tree Planting Excursion - 

Please make sure that your child is at school by 8.35am as we will be leaving on the bus ready to go to Ludlow Forest at 8.40am.

Your child is to be dressed in their sports uniform, there is a chance that we may have some rain so make sure that your child has a spray jacket. 

They are welcome to bring their gum boots/work boots to pop on before we board the bus!

A huge thank you to Emma Morris, Tegan Patterson, Gemma Lafranchi and Kellie Sherry for volunteering their time to come and give us a hand!

We expect that we will arrive at Ludlow Forest Mill by approximately 9.15am...our planting session will take around 2-2.5 hours. 

Please make sure your child has their recess, lunch and a FULL water bottle as well as their hat. 

We will take a short break for recess and then have lunch on our return to school at around 12/12.30pm.

OLC Dance Concert - 

I am hopeful that you have received a text from Mrs Ellie Haines reminding you about our Dress Rehearsal tomorrow afternoon. A big day for the Year 4's! 

All students that will be there for Friday are asked to bring their various costume items please. Any questions about this can be sent to ellie.haines@cewa.edu.au

Perhaps pop a little extra in the lunch box!!

Long Service Leave - As I mentioned in my email last week, I will be taking Term 3 off...Mrs Gleeson and Miss Gilpin will be amazing in my absence.

I will share contact details for both of them once I have them!

Just a couple of housekeeping items on this...

On your booklist, we asked for some additional exercise books. If you can please send in 5 additional exercise books in for day one of next term so that students can replace their Maths, Writing, Spelling, Reading and Homework books.

If you can also please clean out, restock your child's pencil case in preparation for a fresh start to the term!

Our Learning...

The past few weeks in writing, we have been busy working on our Information Reports on our class totem the Magpie...the coolbardie. These will be finalised this week and the students have done a wonderful job putting together their facts to share their learning about this super cool bird.

In maths we have been learning about data and how to collect and then represent it, as well as what we can learn from the data we collected. 

We have also looked at chance and what this can mean when talking about events...think of you asking your child to clean their bedroom and it being done to perfection the first time...if your children are anything like mine my response would be highly unlikely!

Our religion work has focused all around good relationships, what they look like and why they are important. This unit of work ties in perfectly with our friendology learning about what makes a good friendship and how we can recognise a positive healthy friendship and how to make sure that we have good friends to support us and are also being a good friend!.

Many of you may have already seen this, but down below I have included a link that takes you to the parent section of our URStrong Program. 

This site has some fantastic resources to help with those tricky situations that your child may find themselves in...it's a great way to learn the language that we use here in class.

URStrong Parent Link

The students did a wonderful job on their Hero Projects, you will see that these have been posted to See Saw. 

I was so proud of the students for having the courage to stand up and present to their classmates...I loved seeing so many of you feature as their heroes!

This will be my final post for the term, I would like to thank you all for the wonderful start to my year with your beautiful children. I will miss them very much! 

Enjoy the holidays...for those of you travelling, please be safe! 

I will be in Exmouth for the first week of term...like many of you, so I am sure that we will see each other!

All the very best,

Mrs Delane xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 10 - The Home Stretch!

Week 9...The Last One!

Week 3 Update